Training for groups
Perfect for groups of five or more, our trainer will come to a venue of your choice – and can tailor the training to your specific needs.
Group training topics
These are the topics we are currently able to train groups on, but please contact us to discuss if you are interested in a topic not listed below.Housing law / homelessness webinars:
- Housing law and advice: a foundation (series of four webinars)
- Domestic abuse (including skills relating to the COVID-19 context)
- Care Act and housing
- Advising and defending on possession proceedings
- Introduction to Universal Credit
- Welfare Benefits and coronavirus
- Preventative approaches to dealing with debt
- Domestic violence and welfare benefits
- Professional boundaries while working remotely
- Maximising your influencing and negotiation skills
- Safeguarding for call handlers
- Emotional resilience
- Telephone skills
- Letter writing
- Aggressive and difficult behaviours (series of three webinars)
Training for groups at your venue
Our face-to-face training courses are currently suspended due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Plans to reintroduce face-to-face training from September are currently under review and will be subject to government guidance on COVID-19 risk prevention.
However, we can still organise training via group webinars. Please contact us to find out more.Get in touch
Why choose group training?
We use our thorough understanding of the affordable housing sector and the challenges it faces to create tailored training, designed to upskill housing and voluntary sector staff.
- Cost-effective: having your training delivered in-house means the cost per person is greatly reduced. You’ll also save money on staff travel and hotel expenses.
- Delivered when and where you choose: Choose a time and venue to suit your staff, and we’ll try to meet your requirements.
- Wide range of courses: Any of our courses can be run for groups – and you can tailor these to meet your needs. We can even design an entirely new training programme in line with your objectives!
- Discounts for multiple sessions: We can offer significant discounts when you book several group training sessions. You can even share your training session with another company. And we can train any size of group – from a single department, to hundreds of employees.
- Give your team a boost: Group training can boost team building and improve their motivation. Plus, we can focus on the issues most relevant to you and your staff.
Our group training rates are cheaper than individual rates. You’ll also save on staff travel costs, as we’ll come to you!
Train up to 20 staff for as little as £45 pp.
The course was very useful and helpful and presented in an excellent manner. [The trainer's] personal knowledge of the subject was very evident.
Senior Housing Options Officer, Broxtowe BC
As always, Shelter training has been excellent – to such a high standard, with an exceptionally knowledgeable trainer. The resources are extremely useful and I’ll use them to support my vulnerable clients.
Support Officer, CASA Support