Council and housing association tenants: eviction for rent arrears
From the 27 March 2020 all eviction action has been suspended for 3 months by the court service.
During this time:
- your council or housing association can't get a possession order
- you can't be evicted by bailiffs
Use the time to deal with your rent arrears and get legal advice on your situation.
Contact Civil Legal Advice on 0345 345 4 345
This guide is for secure tenants and assured housing association tenants facing eviction for rent arrears.
We have different eviction advice if you're:
- an introductory council tenant
- a housing association starter tenant
- facing eviction for antisocial behaviour
- a private tenant facing section 21 eviction
Last updated 27 Mar 2020 | © Shelter
If you need to talk to someone, we’ll do our best to help