Homeless help from the council: private tenants facing eviction

Who can ask for homeless help

A notice from a private landlord is one of the main causes of threatened homelessness but the council can help to prevent you becoming homeless.

You can ask the council for help if you've had notice to leave a private tenancy.

This is called making a homeless application.

You must meet immigration conditions to get homeless help.

Last updated: 22 November 2021

If you need to talk to someone, we'll do our best to help

Get help