Temporary and long-term housing offers

Temporary housing when accepted as homeless

If the council must help you because you're homeless, it may have a duty to keep providing temporary accommodation until you move to settled accommodation

Storage for personal belongings

The council may have to protect your personal belongings and furniture if it gives you accommodation because you are homeless

Suitable and unsuitable housing offers

If you apply as homeless, the council may have to give you temporary accommodation. If this accommodation isn't suitable, you may be able to take action

Settled housing offers

Only some types of housing count as 'settled accommodation', such as a council tenancy, a housing association tenancy or a tenancy with a private landlord