Homeless and living with family or friends

If you have to leave

If you have nowhere to go, you can:

  • ask your local council for help

  • find a place to rent privately and ask for deposit help

  • apply to get onto the council housing waiting list

You must meet immigration conditions to get homeless help from the council.

Last updated: 8 November 2021

If you need to talk to someone, we'll do our best to help

Get help