Other services and support

These organisations also offer advice and support:

Urgent help

If you are in immediate danger contact the emergency services on 999 or 112.

If you feel like you need to talk to somebody, Samaritans can provide confidential support.

Calm also has a helpline in the UK who need to talk or find information and support.

Homeless and on the streets

If you, or someone you know is sleeping rough Street Link can help connect you to local support services.

To look for hostels and day centres in your local area search on the Homeless Link site and find out how you can be referred.

Crisis may also be able to give you information on local services and provide additional help and support.

Housing advice, benefits and legal support

Your local council or Citizen's Advice may be able to provide you with some further advice on your housing situation.

For help with benefits, charitable grants and financial support services you can contact Turn2Us.

For legal advice, casework and representation contact your local Law Centre. If you are eligible you may also be able to get support from Civil Legal Advice.

Specialist services and support


If you have money worries, you can contact these organisations for help and advice:

Domestic Abuse and Violence

If you, or someone you know is experiencing domestic abuse or violence you can contact the following services for advice and support:

Disability and impairment

If you are in need of additional support with disability and impairment, these organisations can help:

Drugs and Alcohol addictions

For help with addictions you can seek support from Alcoholic Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous.

Mental health

If you or your family are affected by mental health problems, you can get expert advice and support from Rethink Mental Illness or Mind.

Single parents

For expert advice and practical support for single parents get in touch with Gingerbread.

Gypsies and travellers

The Travellers Advice Team at The Community Law Partnership can provide advice, assistance and representation to Gypsies and Travellers throughout England and Wales.

Friends, Families and Travellers can also provide advice, consultancy, and more.

Refugees and asylum seekers

If you are a refugee or asylum seeker, you may be able to get free help and advice from the following organisations:

Prisoners and ex-offenders

For dedicated advice for prisoners and their families, you can contact a specialist organisation such as St Giles Trust or the Prisoners Advice Service.

Women in Prison also provides support to women affected by the criminal justice system.

Armed forces

Serving men and women, veterans, and their families can get support from both The Royal British Legion and SSAFA.

Help for older people

Age UK provides free, confidential advice and information dedicated to older people.


While we are aware of the work carried about by the organisations listed on this page, we don’t take responsibility for the content of any external websites.

The inclusion of an external link should not be considered as an endorsement of that website.

Last updated: 23 January 2018

If you need to talk to someone, we'll do our best to help

Get help