This page is targeted at housing professionals. Our main site is at

Court orders to secure debts and force the sale of a home

This content applies to England & Wales

Court orders securing debts against property (charging orders) and orders forcing the sale of property (orders for sale).

Orders for sale

Courts can make orders for sale to enforce a financial interest in property, procedure and defences differ depending on who brought the claim and why. 

Charging orders

Procedure for getting or opposing court orders that secure debts against the home, their enforcement and effects. 

Back to top