Skip to main content
Shelter Logo

Letter templates for housing problems

This page has links to many of our most used letter templates.

Ask for council help if you're homeless

You can use these letters if the council does not help at all or ignores the first letter.

Challenge a council homeless decision

Get repairs done in a private tenancy

Report damp or repairs in a social tenancy

Take court action for repairs

Deal with harassment and pressure to leave

Get your tenancy deposit back

Challenge a rent increase

Negotiate a rent reduction

Raise other problems during your tenancy

End your tenancy

Find a private tenancy

Complain about discrimination

Deal with benefit problems

Last updated: 12 April 2024

If you need to talk to someone, we'll do our best to help

Get help